About the company
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
- Support in an accurate and timely way the monthly, quarterly, hard-close and year-end-financial closing for the entities in the region
- Support consolidation of legal entity statements and local statutory reporting in the region
- Advise on operational complex and judgement based general accounting (e.g. complex (non-rule based) accruals) and recurring month-end activities
- Monitor IFRS and webFEM compliance with policies and treatments
- Review P&L and BS from an accounting perspective in ERP / HFM (during the month / as per the agreed BS review cycle)
- Complete A-forms
- Comply with rules and regulations set by global accounting and implement accounting policies
- Identify and signal recurring issues for further process improvement
- Drive standardization and quality in balance sheet reconciliation process
- Operational key link for GBS (e.g. in escalation or advice on transactions)
- Involve specialists in specific accounting topics where specific / deep knowledge is required
- Support specialists in specific accounting and/or tax topics where operational assistance is required
- Support RAC operations teamlead in liaising with local authorities and internal / external auditors
- Support BU accounting manager in adhoc specific BU activities
- Deliver recurring input for tax and regulatory requirements
- Operational decision maker on how to continuously improve the consolidation and reporting process in the region
- Determine how bookings are recorded in the Balance Sheet (in line with IFRS / Audit policies)
- Coordinate whether a specialist needs to be involved in accounting matters
- Accounting professional with preferably 2-5 years of experience in accounting and reporting, and capable of analyzing complex processes and issues (2nd or 3rd accounting job)
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Adequate expertise knowledge in financial accounting (IFRS, accounting processes)
- Solid understanding of IFRS-16.
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial / ERP systems, SAP/ MFGPRO knowledge preferred
- Understanding of Consolidation systems, preferably HFM
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Drive monthly closing and reporting processes for scope of work
- Autonomous in organizing responsibilities and work
- Ability to work under severe time pressure during month-end closures and continuously retain an eye for the details
- .Willingness to travel up to 25%, possible international travel (1-2 trips per year).
- Adequate communication skills and full professional proficiency in English
As a leading coatings company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: coat, conformal coat, dirt, grit, grit ballast, refinish, repaint, rubber, spray, surface