Facility: CHI Memorial
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Job Type: PRN
Shift: Varies/On call
The Staff Sonographer performs departmental ultrasound examinations, assists the radiologists during procedures, produces high quality images.
Serves the following age specific patient populations: pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
1. Uses two patient identifiers
2. Compares doctor s order to requisition for accuracy
3. Performs the correct exam
4. Includes all anatomy required to produce an adequate exam.
5. Practices safe use of Cidex when cleaning probes
6. Routinely demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload.
7. Coordinates multiple exams into the proper sequence to ensure no conflicts of exams.
8. Assesses the doctor s order and the patient s diagnosis to determine optimal images.
9. Assesses patient s condition, comfort, and safety during procedures.
10. Observes and reports to physician any change in patient s condition during the procedure.
11. Communicates accurate patient information in a timely manner to peers, physicians, and other
12. Uses all diagnostic, computer, and communication equipment within safe limits.
13. Other duties as assigned by management.