Full-time Molecular Medical Technologist needed right outside of Nashville, TN!
(Reference Code: KAM)
JOB SUMMARY: The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) who is responsible for day to day specimen processing, analysis and results reporting in the molecular diagnostics deparatment. The person in this position performs the standard duties of a Medical Technologist with assistance of Medical Technologist III Lead.
- Receive and process specimens according to department protocols.
- Design and update procedures to promote maximum efficiency/accuracy of testing and reporting.
- Assists the Supervisor, Manager and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Produces, interprets and reports accurate and precise test results.
- Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
- Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
- Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
- Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
* Bachelors Degree.
* National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Clinical Laboratory Specialist as a Medical Technologist (MT).
* Must hold a valid Tennessee Medical Technologist License.
* Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
One year job-related experience required.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.