Peak Living LLC is currently seeking qualified Assistant Community Managers to join our team!
Under the direction of the Community Manager, the Assistant Community Manager supports and assists in all aspects of the community operations.
Typical range of hours is based on the community needs and may require weekends and after hour emergency services. Workdays may be adjusted based on community needs. Full Time: 5 days per week, 8 hours per day. (Minimum of 32 hours, average 40 hours).
Knowledge / Skills / Ability Able to evaluate and fulfill community common area and amenity needs; demonstrate attention to detail and dedication to maintaining the community.
* Independently establish priorities, manage time effectively, and fulfill assigned objectives and * Respond to and resolve unexpected problems and handle priority changes in a fast-moving, fluid * Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and * Good verbal and written communication skills, strong organization skills, and ability to work well with onsite staff, customers, supervisors, corporate office associates and * Must be able to effectively communicate, comprehend, speak and read in Bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. * Ability to comprehend legal documents and carry out related rent collections and lease * Intermediate-level math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, decimals, fractions, and calculate percentages) necessary to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal * Demonstrated understanding of property operations with emphasis on lease terms and contract enforcement, including
Required Knowledge and Experience (For LIHTC Communities Only)
* Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) designation preferred (for LIHTC) * Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) designation preferred (for Section 8) * 1 year of experience in LIHTC communities
Preferred Education and Experience
* A minimum of three (3) years' experience as an onsite Assistant Community Manager or Leasing Consultant in multi-family housing, hospitality or similar * A high school diploma or equivalent is College education, CAM or ARM certification preferred.
Responsibilities Supervisory Responsibilities
* The Assistant Community Manager supports the Community Manager in the supervision of all community associates. In the Community Manager's absence, the Assistant assumes full supervisory * Residential Standards * The Assistant Community Manager supports and participates in fulfilling the customer service and leasing * Assist and/or support leasing and marketing standards including telephone marketing, greeting prospective residents, gathering prospect information, setting appointments, showing ready and model apartments, generating quotes, closing and securing deposits, and assisting the prospective residents with rental application completion and credit verification * Assist in preparing all paperwork specific to new and renewal lease * Insert renewal rates into renewal letters as approved by Community Manager, assist in delivery of the letters, and follow up to secure * Recommend rental rate adjustments or concessions to the Community Manager necessary to increase rental * Prepare weekly market survey reports and other reports and submit them to the corporate office as directed by the Community * Review resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicate with residents regarding outstanding balances, implement procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforce the lease to maximize * Reporting responsibilities include preparation of weekly and monthly reports, preparation of 3-day demands, delinquency report updates, other income and utility tracking spreadsheets, move-in/move-out inspections, invoices, final security deposit disposition reports and any other reports requested by the Community * Assist the Community Manager in organizing community resident activities, preparing newsletters and maintaining resident loyalty and retention * Assist the Community Manager in decision making processes to improve management knowledge up to and including responsibility for the consequences of these In the Community Manager's absence, act as the Manager to organize daily work and manage community operations in compliance with policies, procedures, and business practices. * Identify areas for improvement and offer suggestions to improve the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of the * Perform any other duties as assigned by the Community
Community Inspections and Quality Assurance Review
* Prepare move-in gifts and place them in the make ready apartments prior to move-in; conduct final inspections and confirm completion of all service requests on or before scheduled move-in * Research and shop the competition a minimum of one time per quarter to ensure that rental rates, concessions, security deposits align with market conditions. * Inspect clubhouse, office, amenities and models, and other common areas daily to ensure they are prepared according to * Participate in immediate litter pickup around community exteriors and common areas to maintain community appearance
* Collect, post, and deposit rents/security deposits and other community income on a daily * Support the Community Manager in maintaining and managing budgeted occupancy, collections, and * Support the Community Manager in gathering data to create the annual
Responsibilities (for LIHTC Communities Only)
* Fully implement Peak Living's compliance policies and procedures as outlined in the compliance manual. * Ensure compliance reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner to prevent loss of tax credits. * Conduct unit inspections as required by LIHTC program. * Audit and keep files in compliance. * Prepare for and attend LIHTC inspections and any other inspections as needed. * Keep up with LIHTC regulations and special requirements. * Maintain compliance with all funding and agency requirements. * Work & maintain LIHTC waiting list. * Prepare LIHTC re-certifications lease renewals, interim adjustments, and other documents. * Perform beginning inspections as to condition prior to leasing and report to ensure that units are being maintained according to HUD required housing quality standards. * Recommend cases of non-compliance to direct supervisor. * Ensure that our residents adhere to the lease and rules and regulations of the property & Housing Authority, for subsidy providers.
Peak Living LLC offers a competitive compensation package including monthly and quarterly bonuses, health, vision, dental and life insurance and discounted rent program. This is a non-exempt-hourly position.
Associated topics: admin, administrator, asset management, community management, community manager, office manager, property, property administrator, property assistant, safety
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.